Friday, July 14, 2006

CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow....Savvy?

For all who believe that Lisa and I have NO capacity for excitement (see Emergency blog previously posted), I am proud to say that we had an outing today. We went out and saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Without having flashbacks to the Superman Return review, let me just say I was eagerly anticipating this movie also.

I LOVED it! If you have lived in Oklahoma under a rock all you life, you may not know that Walt Disney designed and oversaw the creation of a ride at Disneyland all the way back in the 1960's. That ride was based on the pirates. They built another Pirate's ride in Disney World that was slightly different (not much different...if you need to know...use the internet). That ride inspired a movie just a couple of years ago. Johnny Depp as CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. Orlando Bloom as Will Turner. Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann. That was an outstanding movie. It was funny and exciting and tickled my funny bone in numerous places.

CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow et. al. return in the second movie. And this movie was just as funny, just as exciting, and left me wanting the next movie to hurry and get here (it comes out Memorial Day of '07).

There is no immediate spiritual or theological issues I want to bring out. Except one. "Pretending to read the Bible is a sin." That was the most important, overt spiritual lesson I picked up from the first watching. I don't know when, but I will see this movie again. I will own this movie when it comes out on DVD.

If you want to have some fun, see this movie. If you are looking for deep and life altering insights, go read a book. For those of you who are having dream related depression episodes, go catch this movie for a 2 1/2 hour respite.
Post a Comment