Saturday, July 01, 2006

Superman Returns...for anyone interested

Last night we went out to the movies. We found a theatre that shows first run movies for $4.00 per adult and $2.00 per kid. After 6 P.M. We went to watch Superman Returns. I have been waiting to see this one. I have always loved the Superman movies and T.V. shows. I even like the old black and white ones with George Reeves. I remember the first Superman movie and still love to watch it. I was a big fan of Lois and Clark. I try to watch Smallville when I can. So I was pumped about getting out to see the new movie.

I was also a little hesitant. I wasn't sure about this new guy, Brandon Routh. I can say that he did a fairly good Superman/Clark Kent. Many times it was like watching an understudy of Christoper Reeve. The weird thing was that he looked bulkier as mild-mannered Clark Kent than in the red and blue supersuit.

As far as the movie itself...I didn't care for it at all. I was disappointed with Bryan Singer's work. He did a fantastic job with X-Men and X-Men 2. I was really hoping he could pull together another film adaptation of comic books. But I believe he really messed this up. I was not a huge Superman comic fan growing up. In fact I didn't read many Superman comics at all. But I still know the stories. This movie really messes with continuity of the comics and the movies.

But there are some great lines, scenes, and moments. But I think this is a renter. Unless you can get $4.00 admission.
Post a Comment