Thursday, November 08, 2012

For my next hobby: travel agent.

I make no secret of the fact that I love Disney. And the older I get, the more mature my love affair gets. Or is that less mature? I don't really know. But it is verifiable that if it has to do with Disney, I will at least try it out.

I connected to a group of people through virtual means a few years ago. We developed a virtual community, even. We live in all parts of the nation. We have visited with some when we have gotten close. And the thing that binds us together is our love of Disney. In particular, we all love Walt Disney World.

Within this group of friends, a business developed: FTM Travel and Fairy TripMothers Customized touring plans. In business for 5 years, they have specialized in helping people discover the joy and magic of Disney trips and cruises.

I love to help people discover that magic also. If you bring up the fact that you are going to Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort, I have a little light that comes on behind my eyes. I love to talk to people about it. And if they aren't excited about it, I want to use my amazing powers of persuasion for good and help them get excited. I even toyed around with the idea of becoming a travel agent to do this officially.

That is where I am today. I was invited to join the FTM Travel agency. I am certified and able to book a trip to any Disney vacation site, a Disney cruise, or one of the really cool looking Adventures By Disney guided experiences.

But why would I want to do this?

First, as I've said, I love Disney and am excited about going to Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort. Lisa and I are talking about how we can take a Disney cruise now that the Disney Cruise Line sails out of Galveston. And I get excited about talking to other people about their trips. And believe me, there are very few things that get me excited like a Disney trip. I'm passionate about the places, the experiences, the history, the memories. And I want other people to be as excited as I am.

Second, I know the hurdle of planning Disney trips. They are overwhelming at times. You have so many options and opportunities to choose from. Going to Walt Disney World is nothing at all like going to Six Flags or any amusement park in the central part of the country. I have planned 5 Walt Disney World trip and 3 Disneyland trips. I can help people sort through the confusion. And that is something I am also passionate about: helping other understand. That includes helping people find ways of getting the most of their trips and their money.

Last, I now have a  reason to take more trips - "but there is something new that I need to experience to tell others about". It's sad. I know. No I don't need help.

This is not a path out of ministry. This is not preparing for the next phase of my life. This is not a money making venture. This is something I love to do and something I want to do for others.

If you are interested, I will be glad to speak with you about it.  Just call me or send me an email or text. I would love to help you experience the magic.


Post a Comment