Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blog induced depression

Since my last posting (4 days ago) I have had 3 people very close to me express the depths of depression which my blog induced within them. Since I am prone to not own others emotional states, I disclaim any direct responsibility if my posts are making you depressed.

BUT -

Why not do something about your dreams...even in a small way.



I must admit that even I was somewhat depressed this week. One of my dreams seemed to be closed off to me. I want to attend a Youth Worker Summit in Orlando this November. In addition, I was going to take a few days of personal time and enjoy Disney. By myself even. A dream come true.

But finances at the church are tight to nonexistant. So I was giving up. I went into a slump. There was a grieving that was taking place. My heart was broken.

But then I read my first posting about dreams. I read what I said about Walt Disney. He never gave up. He didn't let the small things stand in his way. He pushed for those dreams to become reality. If Walt is my hero, then why am I giving up so quickly. I haven't even made an effort to make it real. So I have changed my mind and I am going to try and make this small dream happen.

Now what about you. What are you going to do to make your dream...even a small one....happen? It may take some risk. It may require stepping out of what is comfortable. People may look at you like you have lost your mind. But what would please God AND make your life seem more fulfilled should be your pursuit.

Notice I say please God first. Some dreams don't have a place in the life of a follower of Christ. There are some dreams that are incompatible with the life Christ leads us in and calls us to live. But there is so much room for what can happen. God has opened life in the fullest to us through Jesus Christ. If we are depressed and miserable thinking about the life we lead, then we are not living the full life God has blessed us with through Christ.

So put it in your prayer time - what dream can I fulfill that will please God and be a blessing in my life.

And stop blaming me for depressing blogs.
Post a Comment